Mother shares photo of her son on Facebook to ‘make everyone aware’.

One distraught mother who tragically lost her son is alerting the public to the dangers of opiate use.

In a touching Facebook post, Sherri Kent said that her 22-year-old son Michael overdosed on prescription medication. He consumed a fatal dose of fentanyl, a drug that is 50–100 times more potent than morphine.

“I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl,” said the distraught mother. “My child made a mistake that resulted in his death; he wasn’t an addict.”

Michael was intubated and likely asleep in his hospital bed when Sherri posted the warning and a picture of him in her arms.

Michael Kent passed away on March 21.

According to CBC, while conducting errands, Michael and his sister were approached by an unidentified man who offered them drugs. This took place the day before the disaster. Although Michael’s sister urged him against taking the pills, the following day he met with the man. He bought the drugs and overdosed after taking them in the store’s restroom.

When the paramedics arrived, “he was in cardiac arrest,” Sherri told CBC.

After being taken to the hospital, Michael passed away from his wounds.

They were the worst days of my life, Sherri said, “believe me.”

According to the Huffington Post, “deaths from opioid overdoses have increased significantly over the past few years, in part because of a particularly deadly drug called fentanyl.” The usage of fentanyl, which is 50–100 times more potent than morphine, appears to be increasing in the United States.

According to the CBC, fentanyl overdoses are increasing across Canada, particularly in Michael’s neighborhood.

per Canadian community is currently experiencing an epidemic that is killing 5-7 people per day, Sherri said. “I just want to make everyone aware of this,” she added. It’s out of control, and the only way to protect our kids is to inform them about the risks associated with modern drug use.

They made me a spot on the bed where I could lay with my child and talk to him, the mother said. “I told him that despite everything, I was still proud of him.”

Sherri’s touching and genuine post went viral. She appreciates that hundreds of people received the condolences and prayers since it meant she could contribute to spreading awareness.

We are incredibly grieved by this mother’s loss, and we appreciate her sharing the account of her son in the hope that it will save at least a few people from overdosing on this dangerous drug.

Related Posts

She Applies Vicks Vaporub On Her Feet Before Bed

For Headaches: Do you have a bothersome headache? Vicks contains menthol, which can reduce discomfort. Simply massage a little into your temples. Treat Your Feet: Do you…

The story of these Siamese twins astonished the entire world

The most famous Siamese twins in the world, Abby and Brittany Hensel were born on March 7, 1990, in Minnesota, United States. Their life has become a…

The doctors were shocked by what they discovered during the operation.

You won’t believe why this woman asked to be operated on in a hospital – the doctors froze Looking at the news presented on TV, sometimes it’s…

Fans Are So Happy for Tammy Slaton

Tammy Slaton had been absent from social media for the previous month, but on September 27 she returned with a slew of selfies. Fans immediately noticed how…

Father of 2 Passed Away Following Brawl at Patriots-Dolphin Game

The Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office is looking into a sad occurrence that happened on Sunday night at a Dolphins-Patriots game in the 300-level seats at Gillette…

Hearts Break for Gordon Ramsay

In 2016, Gordon Ramsay and his wife Tana Ramsay went through a loss of pregnancy, something that no couple of parents should ever go through. The Ramsays,…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *